The Market Advisory Council (MAC) is looking for a Secretary General (fulltime position).
As foreseen by Article 43 of the Common Fisheries Policy Regulation, the MAC is a stakeholder-led organisation that provides advice to the European Commission and to the EU Member States on matters relevant for the market of fishery and aquaculture products. The MAC is composed of representatives of the entire fishery and aquaculture value chain (primary producers, processors, traders, retailers, trade unions) and other interest groups (environmental and development NGOs).
The office of the MAC is officially based in Brussels, Belgium.
1 October 2023
– Take care and lead the day-to-day running of the MAC Secretariat
– In coordination with support staff, keep and prepare the accounts for the MAC, including arrangement of a certified annual audit, liaising with funding sources, and satisfaction of any reporting conditions laid down by providers of funds
– Draft, monitor and adjust, where necessary, the annual estimated budget and work programme
– Ensure that obligations, agreements, contracts or other legal obligations of the MAC are carried out and maintained
– Coordinate with the Management Team in the fulfilment of administrative, management, and operational matters
– Organise the meetings of the General Assembly, the Executive Committee, the Working Groups, and the Focus Groups, plus any additional events
– Ensure that minutes of the organised meetings are finalised and distributed
– In coordination with support staff, manage the reimbursement of travel costs of the members
– Assist members in the drafting of recommendations, advice and other relevant output
– Maintain and update the official website
– Keep close contact with the members and maintain a membership register
– Receive and follow-up on nominations of new members of the General Assembly
– Liaise with representatives of other organisations, Member States, the European Commission, the European Parliament, other statutory authorities and relevant experts
– Keep abreast of information, developments and meetings in the work areas relevant to the MAC and ensure information flow and dissemination to the members
Qualifications and work experience:
– EU citizenship or EU residency
– University education (master’s degree) in a relevant field
– At least five years of relevant work experience (fisheries and/or aquaculture policy)
– Fluency in written and spoken English, plus in either Spanish and/or French
– Good interpersonal and communication skills
– Experience in financial and administrative management
– IT skills (e.g., Microsoft Office, Zoom)
Salary is based on the qualifications and previous work experience. The position is a local recruitment and subject to Belgian taxation.
Please send your letter of application and CV in English by email to Ms Yobana Bermúdez, MAC Chair, (email@example.com) by Monday, 31 July 2023.
An independent Evaluation Committee composed of the MAC Chair, the MAC Vice-Chairs, and the Chairs of the Working Groups will assess the applications received. If necessary, the Evaluation Committee might schedule interviews with the candidates.