Working Group 1 EU Production
Chair: Sean O’Donoghue
- Common Markets Organisation and the European Maritime and Fisheries Fund (2014-2020).
- Evaluation of first sale trends.
- Impact of recovery plans on markets.
- No-commercialization of undersized fish/juveniles in the context of new technical measures regulation and discard ban implementation.
- Promotion and competitiveness of products.
Working Group 2 EU Markets
Chair: Andrew Kuyk
- Supply (annual status and trends).
- Trade with third countries: Community Custom Code, General System of Preferences (GSP), Free Trade Agreements, Economic Partnership Agreements, World Trade Organisation.
- Monitoring of community imports and tariff situation, regulation of suspension and tariff quotas for fishery and aquaculture products.
- Promoting social and environmental aspects of the international trade in fishery and aquaculture products.
- Analysis of consumption trends.
- Price developments ‘from sea to table’ (from the fisherman to the consumer) – Studying market efficiency and diversity in the Member States, inter alia, using data from EUMOFA.
- Effects of the IUU regulation on the market.
Working Group 3: EU control and sanitary issues, consumer rules
Chair: Benoît Thomassen
- Labelling issues
- Voluntary information on fish products
- Hygiene Regulation implementation
- Relevant contaminants legislation; additives and residues issues
- Traceability of seafood products
- Food fraud
- Implementation of IUU Regulation-issues other than tackled by WG2
- Possible revision and implementation of the Control Regulation when related to trade and markets